Saturday, January 31, 2009

Weird Item of the Week

The Brooklyn Eagle has this blurb about The Sleep Inn on 49th between 2nd and 3rd. It's really nothing more than an ad. I have no problem with that; keep newspapers in business, I say. However, I'm not too sure about the details that are omitted. And I'm also not sure I'd want to use that whirlpool.

from the Brooklyn Eagle:

The Sleep Inn, at 247 49th St. in Sunset Park, offers many amenities in all of their rooms. Among these are: flat-screen/plasma TVs, multiple phone lines and pillow-top mattresses. In some rooms, available upon request, the Sleep Inn offers an in-bath whirlpool. Pictured here are a room with a king-sized bed, a flat-screen TV, desk area and work space, and the complimentary breakfast buffet.

More helpful are the two "reviews" I found.

http://www.nyc.com/hotels/sleep_inn_brooklyn.1012487/editorial_review.aspx

http://www.activehotels.com/hotel/brochure/en/25199

Anyone want to go check the place out?

No comments: