Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Brooklyn Based Lauds Sunset Park's Chinatown

Once again, our Chinatown is spotlighted. This time, Brooklyn Based has given the "Get your butt on over there" to the duck, live frogs, Hong Kong Market, Bahn Mi, and other earthly (truly earthy in some cases) delights of 8th Avenue. Check it out.

from the website:

"Calling the section of 8th Ave. off the N train “Chinatown” is like calling The Wire “a TV show” or foie gras “food.” It doesn’t do it justice." I don't get "The Wire" and I don't eat foie gras, but it's a very pleasant way to introduce the place.

And keep your mom away from the reviewer; the food made him (I'm defering to the male) want to slap both his mother AND yours. I think that's meant to be a good thing, but I'm not street enough to share the sentiment. ;) See?

No comments: